Casey Beathard, a 3X songwriter of the year and Grammy award winner, is the son of former NFL general manager Bobby Beathard and father the father of five children, including current Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback C. J. Beathard, country music artist Tucker Beathard, and Clayton. Clayton, a quarterback at Long Island University, was fatally stabbed on Saturday, December 21, 2019, outside of the Dogwood Bar & Grill in Nashville.
Soon after arriving in Nashville in 1991, Casey signed his first publishing deal; his first cut as a songwriter was the title track of Kenny Chesney's 1998 album I Will Stand, which was released as a single that year. (Chesney later recorded "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems," another Beathard co-write, in 2002.
Casey has written songs for the biggest names in country music, including Gary Allan, George Strait, Billy Ray Cyrus, Trace Adkins, Kenny Chesney, and Eric Church (See Below *Catalog of Songs). In 2004 and 2008, he received Broadcast Music, Inc.'s Songwriter of the Year award for his contributions. A year later, Beathard received additional honors from BMI as the co-writer of Tracy Lawrence's single "Find Out Who Your Friends Are," Lawrence's first number-one in eleven years. In 2021, Casey won his first Grammy Award (Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance & Song, "There Was Jesus").
Learn more about Casey by clicking HERE.
CATALOG OF SONGS INCLUDE
* Kenny Chesney – "The Boys of Fall" (Beathard, Turnbull), "Don't Blink" (Beathard, C. Wallin), No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems" (Beathard)
* Tracy Byrd – "Ten rounds with Jose Cuervo" (Beathard, Heeney, Cannon-Goodman) & "Drinkin Bone" (Beathard, Phillips)
* Darius Rucker – "Come Back Song" (Beathard, Stapleton, Rucker)
* Rodney Atkins – "Cleaning This Gun" (Beathard, Cannon-Goodman)
* Tracy Lawrence – "Find Out Who Your Friends Are" (Beathard, Hill)
* Eric Church – "Hell of a View" (Beathard, Church, Criswell)